Everything you need to know about lash lift
Are you curious about how a lash lift treatment works? Xlash Cosmetics has interviewed lash expert Linn, who shares everything you need to know about the treatment.
Linn Stivert is trained in lash lift and works at Stylepoint, which is located in a clinic in Solna. She started working with lashes in 2014 and has since then also trained in a number of different beauty treatments, including as a dermatologist
What is a lash lift?
Lash lift is a treatment where the lashes get a perm and a nice curl — perfect if you want to avoid eyelash extensions and mascara! The treatment opens the eyes and gives a more vibrant look, while creating the illusion of longer and fuller lashes.
How does a lash lift treatment work?
- The eye area is cleaned to remove makeup and impurities
- Spool size and curl are chosen based on the customer’s lash length and preferences
- The lashes are attached to the spool with glue to hold them in place
- The perm fluid is applied from the root to the middle of the lashes and left on for about 10-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the lashes
- Then the perm fluid is carefully removed with a dry cotton swab
- The neutralizing fluid is applied from the lash root to the middle of the lash and left on for ten minutes
- Then the neutralizing fluid is carefully removed with a dry cotton swab
- If the customer wants, the lashes can be dyed to get dark and defined lashes — also recommended for dark lashes to get a mascara effect, but also because the lashes are thinner at the end
- The treatment ends with a caring keratin treatment to strengthen the lashes
A lash lift treatment usually takes between 45-75 minutes per customer.
Is it possible to choose which curl you want for your lashes?
Of course! The customer usually gets to choose from three different curls for the spools: L-curl, U-curl and C-curl. L-curl gives a straight bend and is optimal for short lashes that need a dramatic effect. U-curl gives a very natural curl and is excellent for thick lashes. C-curl gives a strong curl and is perfect for long lashes.
What causes the lashes to curl?
The things that create the curl is how long the perm fluid is left on for, the size of the spool, and the curl on the spool.
What should you keep in mind for your treatment?
- Preferably don’t wear any makeup
- Don’t wear contacts
What should you keep in mind after your treatment?
If you’re not careful with your lashes during the first 24 hours, the perm can drop and give a worse result. Therefore, it is very important to think about the steps above after a lash lift treatment because the fluid is still processed during the first day. Make sure to:
- Not rub your eyes
- Be careful around the eyes
- Avoid makeup, showering, steam and heat for the first 24 hours
- Not use strong makeup remover
- Avoid waterproof mascara
- Use oil-free products around the eyes
Can you use mascara after a lash lift?
Absolutely! Just remember to avoid makeup the first day after treatment so that the perm can settle properly. Once the first 24 hours have passed, using mascara is fine. Try to avoid using waterproof mascara so as not to impair the result or durability of the lash lift. The less you wear on the lashes, the longer they last.
What result can you expect?
With a lash lift treatment, you can expect to get naturally curled lashes that make the eyes stand out and give a more vibrant look. With the help of lash lift, you can skip mascara completely and still feel good in the morning.
Can Xlash help the eyelashes?
God, yes! Xlash Eyelash Serum helps especially if it’s used regularly before a lash lift treatment. With the help of Xlash, the quality of the lashes improves while they grow longer and fuller — which will give a better treatment result.
It’s also possible to use the eyelash serum after the treatment to boost the lashes with caring ingredients that can help prolong the result.
How long does a lash lift treatment last?
A treatment will usually last for six to eight weeks.
Does it hurt?
No, not at all! The treatment is completely painless and very relaxing.
Who can do a lash lift treatment?
Anyone can do a lash lift treatment. The result will vary depending on your own lashes and conditions. Short and scarce lashes will for example not get the same effect as long lashes would.
How often can you do a lash lift?
After about six to ten weeks, it’s okay to do a new lash lift. It’s important not to get them too close together, so as not to wear on the lashes.
Each person loses about three to five lashes a day. By waiting six to ten weeks before the next treatment, new and stronger lashes will have formed.
By using Xlash Eyelash Serum regularly, the lashes will become stronger while growing longer, fuller and thicker. Xlash is the perfect product to prepare your lashes with before a lash lift treatment. Many customers experience that their lashes have become longer since they started using Xlash, which has given them an even better result when they get a new lash lift treatment.
Buy Xlash Eyelash Serum